Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sky Parade

I’ve recently stumbled across an amazing band that delivers the most captivating psychedelic 60’s-style rock that I’ve heard in a long time. They’re called Sky Parade and I don’t believe that there is any possible way to dislike this band. Lead vocalist Tommy Dietrick was also in Brian Jonestown Massacre and it’s definitely in a similar vein of high energy retro rock ‘n roll revivalism. I don’t yet have their new album “Love Is Forever” but from what I’ve heard, this is a band that could certainly develop into being one of my favourites. Just sampling the songs they have posted on their myspace page sets me in a “my mind is blown” state of mind. You’ve got to hear the song “Free My Love” which is a must for fans of the aforementioned BJM as well as Stone Roses, Love and Rockets or The Verve. Apparently, their first album “Fire In The Sky” was relatively successful for an indie release. After hearing what I’ve heard recently, it’s unfortunate that I didn’t get to know this band sooner but I’m looking forward to hearing them even more in the future.

Listen to their music on myspace.
Purchase their album on CDbaby.com
Watch the video for “Losing Control” on youtube.

Photo appears over at Melanie Leigh.com

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home