Friday, November 09, 2007

The 6ixty 8ights @ The Horseshoe

Last night was one of those nights. I was tired, it was cold, it was rainy, I was still sorta sick but there was no way I was going to miss seeing Amos The Transparent. They've recorded one of my favorite albums of the year and their show was sure to be nothing short of fantastic. However, given my current state I definitely wasn't going to be sticking around for Two Hours Traffic, despite the fact that they also were sure to be a fun time. Just wasn't completely in the concert mood last night, that's all. So, imagine my surprise when I got there to find out that the band setting up was The 6ixty 8ights, NOT the aforementioned Amos. What's going on?

Well, I still don't know exactly what went on, but for some reason the two bands switched time slots, which meant that I had missed seeing Amos The T. I was disappointed. I was cranky. I was quite livid actually. But I was there so I figured I might as well check out these guys who call themselves The 6ixty 8ights. They were actually very good and despite the fact that winning me over was not going to be particularly easy given my present condition, the band came pretty close. Their sound is obviously very steeped in the year 1968, or thereabouts, as they they play delicious pop and roll along the lines of The Kinks and Thrush Hermit. They're already quite popular amidst the local college scene, and their jingle jangle hooks are very easy to digest. Their live show is filled with exuberance and a lot of rock star swagger and, I hope that the next time I see them it will be after I have seen Amos already, and therefore the chip on my shoulder should be filled in nicely with the warm and fuzzy feelings that the 6ixty 8ights deserve.

Photos: The 6ixty 8ights @ The Horseshoe flickr
Myspace: The 6ixty 8ights
Video: Days Like Dreams @ The Silver Dollar youtube

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home