As much as I love the Canadian music scene, I have to admit that the Swedes are definitely giving us a run for our proverbial money. In the last year or two, I have been exposed to acts such as Jens Lekman, Peter Bjorn And John, El Perro Del Mar, I’m From Barcelona, Suburban Kids With Biblical Names, as well as several others. I don’t know what the kids are eating over there but the quality of music coming from that part of the planet is staggering. I finally got around to purchasing “Loney, Noir,” the latest release by the one-man Swedish spectacle Emil Svanängen, otherwise known as Loney, Dear. Like all of the artists mentioned earlier, Loney, Dear is another purveyor of perfect pop music. The album gets better with every song, and it’s remarkable that a recording that is this animated is the brainchild of only one man. The songs are upbuilding and content, focusing on all things positive. That in itself is different that usual indie pop fare. The songs race along at a rapid clik, keeping the listener enthralled and enthused. I’ll lay off the song-by-song review this time since it’s already been done at length throughout happy blogland, but if you’ve been on the lookout for your good mood, it is sure to be found in the sweet falsetto of Emil Svanängen.
Download:
I Am John mp3
Loney, Dear on myspace
Purchase Loney, Noir at Amazon.ca
Labels: happy., indie, loney dear, loney noir, music, swedish
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home