Friday, March 09, 2007

Quick Notes featuring The Fratellis, Santa Dog, Ragni & Chance

The Fratellis’ “Costello Music” was one of the UK’s most praised releases last year. It will finally make it’s way to North American shores on March 13th. I’ll definitely be telling you more about it when I get the CD, but in the meantime be sure to check out the insanely infectious tune, “Flathead" You can either watch the video or stream the song.

The Fratellis on myspace.





Canadian Music Week has already begun in the city and there are a lot of great performances taking place. The one that I would highly recommend the most is Santa Dog from the UK. I’ve talked about them and their classic pre-Oasis brit-pop sound before, but I have this sinking feeling that after the release of their full length in the near future, you won’t be able to see them for $8 at a tiny club anymore. So don’t miss this one, OK? Download the song "Rosa" to see what I mean.

Santa Dog on myspace.





The mesmerizing and atmospheric Ragni are going to playing The Savannah Room in Toronto on April 3rd. I’m not sure about the price just yet, but they’re another band we don’t see around these parts all that much so I’m anxiously awaiting that show. It’s bound to be a little bit on the mind-blowing side. Here’s an edited version of “The North Sea Epoch.”

Ragni on myspace.



One of my favourite artists, Chance, has recently released his latest single, entitled “Life And Life Only" He only releases a few singles a year, and he is very particular about what he chooses to release to the public. So each new single really is an event of sorts. This new one is probably his most personal one to date. Test drive the song by watching the video, and then purchase the song for only 99 cents over here.


Chance on myspace.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was diggin' that Fratellis tune. Thanks for putting the stream up there. I'll have to remember the name!

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home