Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lions In The Street - Cat Got Your Tongue

Remember when The Stones were great? I mean, really great? “Exile In Main Street” great? Many bands have come along emulating the southern bluesy rock sound of Mick and Keith’s heyday, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard a band nail it as well as Vancouver’s Lions In The Street. On a whim, I caught their set at The Horseshoe last night, and these guys are well schooled in the ways of rock ‘n roll riffery. They have been pursued in the past by major labels and dudes like Todd Rundgren and Bob Ezrin. But after a typical ‘messing over’ by the music industry, which resulted in lost money and unfinished recordings, the band decided it’s time to do it their way. The EP was recorded on an old, disheveled 8-track recorder which gives the release a very cool raw sound. The EP consists of all-out angry rockers like “Mine Ain’t Yours” and “Already Gone.” “Lady Blue” and “Feels Like A Long Time” are ballads done old school, without all the sappiness and vocal show-offery; and the latter has some pretty impressive guitar work on it too. Speaking of impressive guitar work, “You’re Gonna Lose” contains some of the greatest displays of classic blues guitar I’ve heard in years. In a further effort to “stick it to the man”, the EP can be downloaded in its entirety for free on their website. Very rock ‘n roll!

Download:
Mine Ain’t Yours mp3
Already Gone mp3

Or, better yet, just download the whole thing on their website.
Visit the Lions In The Street myspace page.
Watch their impressive homemade videos on youtube.com.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home