The Marble Index - Same Schools (Post)
One of the things that I would like to start doing regularly in the new year is a regular weekly video post. This week I'm featuring a band that is quite special to me personally. I remember just a few years ago when I was living in Burlington, I used to frequent the coolest CD store in town, Screaming Mimi's. One day, while admiring the CD's that I was about to purchase that day, the dude behind the counter told me that I should check out the band that he is currently drumming with. They were, of course, The Marble Index. I went to see them that weekend and although that show was low on attendance, the band's performance was ridiculously high on energy. For a moment, I thought I was seeing The Who in 1965!! Lead vocalist Brad Germain's on-stage presence was electrifying to say the least. Since then, they have received quite a bit of radio airplay, and an impressive level of success. I really like the video for "Same Schools," partially because it's a very cool concept and also because much of the action seems to take place just up the street from where I live. Here is one more quick little anecdote: I remember hearing The Pixies playing over the speakers at the aforementioned CD store. Drummer Adam Knickle and I were talking about how cool it would be if The Pixies ever got back together. He said that this was a concert he would not be missing. About a year later, not only did The Pixies get back together, but who opened for them on several Canadian dates...The Marble Index. How rock' n roll is that?
If the video does not appear above, you can see it here.
Visit The Marble Index myspace page.
"Same Schools" is taken from the CD "Watch Your Candles, Watch Your Knives." You can purchase it here.
Also, make sure you check out their video for "We Can Make It" from their last CD. It's a reworking of the Kevin Bacon dance thing in Footloose. Hillarious and impressive.
Labels: garage, hamilton, indie, marble index, music, music rock, pixies
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home