Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
OK I haven't posted for over a week and it'll likely be over a week before I have a moment to post again so I'm going to attempt to prepare a slew of posts right now and than eke them out to you over the next few days. So you'll have to pardon me if they all have sort of a sameness to them. Truth is, my mind has been on several other things lately but that doesn't mean that I haven't been listening to a lot of stuff. And I mean A LOT of stuff. On Tuesday there were several notable new releases, one of them being "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga", the latest by Spoon. Spoon is always good and this album is no exception. They've got a lot to live up to since each successive album has been more critically praised than the one before. As usual, there is no filler on this one and they don't really stray too much from their Spoon-ness. You've got your new wavy cuts, (Don't Make Me Your Target), your minimalistic piano-based wonders, (The Ghost of You Lingers), and your perfect pop, (Don't You Evah.) But one of the things that I really like about this album is their discretion. Possibly the greatest atrocity of the modern musical age is the recording of the 88 minute CD. Waaaaaay too many CD's are just waaaaaaay too long! Not Spoon, baby! 39 minutes. That's what I'm talking about. Leave 'em wanting more.
Spoon is playing The Phoenix on October 15th.
Download:
Don't You Evah mp3
You can actually stream the whole thing here.
Visit Spoon on myspace.
Purchase "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" on Amazon.ca
Labels: CD review, ga ga ga ga ga, indie, spoon
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home