Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Hello Operator - Hot Step

I first heard the Toronto band Hello Operator last year on a podcast. It was when they were still known as Go! and it was a song entitled "Hot Step". To put it simply, it blew my mind! The band describe their sound as "The Cars covering "Cars" by Gary Numan." That's actually pretty funny, because I remember thinking that this song is the best Cars song I've heard in years! Now that's a compliment considering that The Cars have been the band to emulate over the last few years. Fountains of Wayne paid homage to them in one of their videos, Weezer had been desperately trying to shed their emo-image by being more Cars-like (until they finally gave up), and have you heard Franz Ferdinand? C'mon!

Hello Operator does it better than anybody. They've received a lot of praise for the first E.P., which garnered them a spot opening for Hillary Duff's last tour (I know, I know...please don't hold this against them too much.) And judging by the demos they've been posting on their myspace page, their full-length is going to be way more fun than mainstream radio usually allows a music lover to have (and many an indie-snob as well for that matter.)

Sadly, I don't have any free downloads to post for this band, but the E.P. is ONLY $5.99 here.
If you don't trust me, than listen to the truly amazing, hella funness of the song "Hot Step"
which, for now, can still be heard on their Pure Volume page which can be found...here!
And you can hear more tunes over on their myspace page.
Then you should buy the E.P. Now.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 of those guys are not in the band anymore. the guy on the very left with the pedo stash and the dude with the pink hair. just a heads up

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we'll speaking of "just a heads up"
actually its more like 2 1/2 of those guys are not in the band anymore, the body of the guy on the far right is not in the band but the head is. Take a closer look.

1:01 PM

 
Blogger Bobby B said...

Haha! Hey anonymous's! Apparently I had an even less accurate picture posted here earlier (with former members in it and stuff) but this promo pic is the one that the band is currently using. ah well...

2:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home