Weekend Whatevers (Dec 6th, 2009)
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that most of my "weekly" features never make it past the first or second week, but I'm gonna try and start up a new one and see how it flies. I get literally tons of mp3's and videos sent to my inbox daily, and more often than not, these end up staying there, locked away in solitary confinement. So, I figure that what I'll start to do is set aside a day a week to limit my usual bla bla, keeping the commentary brief as I share some of these findings with you on a weekly basis. Normally I'll try to post them at the start of the weekend, but since I just thought of doing this now, Sunday night it is. Welcome to the first edition of the Weekend Whatevers.
1. Elvyn (alt-country, power-pop)
(These are two unmastered versions of songs that are slated to appear on their upcoming album The Decline, to be released sometime in the new year)
[Download: I'll Come Back mp3]
[Download: Those Were The Days mp3]
[Myspace: Elvyn]
2. Diemonds (classic rock, glam punk, hair metal)
(Here's a link to the video of a song from their debut EP In The Rough)
[Video: Highway on youtube]
[Myspace: Diemonds]
3. Patrick & Eugene (whimsical, exotic ragtime music)
(These songs are from their debut U.S. release Altogether Now)
[Download: Can't Get You Out Of My Head (Kylie Minogue cover) mp3]
[Video: Don't Stop on youtube]
[Myspace: Patrick & Eugene]
4. Dodos (bluegrassy freak folk)
(Here is their latest video from the album Time To Die)
[Video: Longform on Pitchfork]
[Myspace: The Dodos]
5. Morakestra (alternative melodic rock)
(A song from their sophomore release entitled Witness To Connection)
[Download: Tell You Something mp3]
[Myspace: Morakestra]
6. The Weekend (mid 90's new wave power pop)
(This is a recently unearthed unreleased cut circa 1995 that keyboardist Link C. recently sent me to share with y'all.)
[Download: Fit To Survive mp3]
[Myspace: The Weekend]
7. Thee American Revolution (lo-fi psych pop acid rock)
(Robert Schneider from Apples in Stereo's brave new side project has just released this amazing new single.)
[Download: Power House mp3]
[Myspace: Thee American Revolution]
Enjoy and have a great week!
Labels: diemonds, elvyn, free download, morakestra, patrick and eugene, the dodos, the weekend, thee american revolution
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home