Eugene Francis Jnr.
Ah, the musical tags that have been emerging as of late. Are you familiar with 'Folktonica?' Yah, nobody is, but Eugene Francis Jnr. is here to make sure that in the very near future, you will be. I've only recently been introduced to his music, but I must say that what I've heard sounds very exciting. Hailing from London, EFJ has been hard at work on his debut album entitled "The Golden Beatle" which will be released in April. His music is a wacky amalgamation of all sorts of musical influences ranging from country, blues and folk music to the likes of ambient and synth-pop. Cowbluefolksy-ambi-synth contained a few too many consonants I guess, and thus Folktronica was born. Whatever you want to call it, his music is very original and easy to luxuriate in. I'm still awaiting the new CD in my mailbox, but from what I've sampled so far, this sounds like it could be the second coming of Jellyfish, or perhaps a world where Devendra Banhart joins forces with The Flaming Lips. Or maybe, it's a whole new universe that only EJF can introduce himself. Either way, until I'm officially able to review the CD, check out the links below and taste for yourself.
Myspace: Eugene Francis Jnr.
Video: 'Poor Me' on youtube.
Video: 'My Own Pollution' on youtube.
Labels: eugene francis jnr, indie rock, legion records, london
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home