Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Taking a blog break...

Hey all,

I'm going to be occupied with a few other responsibilities during the last two weeks of January so I was planning on taking a little break from blogging at that time. However, due to some recent events in my life, I think I'm going to start that break a little bit early. This weekend I had to deal with some tragic news, and although I don't really feel comfortable blogging about it, I don't mind talking, and if you know me personally, then feel free to fire me an e-mail and we can chat. But let's just say that right now I don't really feel like attending any concerts or talking about music. Heck, for the first time in my life I hardly even feel like listening to music. I'm OK though, I just need some time off, and I'm fairly sure that, come February, I'll be back giving you the lowdown on all that's exciting in my personally arrogant and pretentious world of indie rawk. So have fun, and I'll blog to you all again in February!

Blogger Bob or quadb or whatever the kids are calling me these days...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob, I hope you keep well... My RSS reader will anxiously await your return in February.

Cheers,
Jason
Union City (formerly The Scene)

12:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bob
I'm sorry to hear you've had some bad news, I hope you feel better soon!

12:24 PM

 
Blogger Bobby B said...

Thanks for the kind words, Jason and Anika. I really appreciate it.

1:53 PM

 
Blogger historyjen said...

Oh no Bob! Well I'm glad to hear you are ok, but I hope things will be better for you sooner rather than later.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Bobby B said...

Thanks Jen. Life goes on and I've got an amazing support group of friends and family so I'm dealing quicker than I would otherwise, that's for sure. Thanks again.

4:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude, long time.

I've been really enjoying the blog. Everyone needs a break every now and then though.

I started a new thing I thought you might be interested in checking out. It's an online indie music show. It's at newsoundnow.com. You're the first music blog on the list, too. I'll likely be adding more soon, but you were first!

12:53 PM

 
Blogger Allan said...

Hey,

You run a great blog and while it's a bummer to see you take a month's break sometimes life just sucks and kills our passion for things.

I hope you end up feeling better!

Cheers,

Allan

4:44 PM

 
Blogger Bobby B said...

Thanks for all your kind words everyone and I guarantee that I'll be back in the swing of things come February. I've been listening to a lot of interesting music and I've got some good shows coming up in February as well. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to have to miss out on the Peter Bjorn and John / Young Galaxy show but hey! life goes on! Allan and KSP, thanks again and I'll blog to ya soon.

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home