Monday, September 10, 2007

Two Way Monologues

I know, I know... after a week and a bit of obsessive posting I realize that I've followed that up with a bit of blogger laziness. I tend to go in odd little spurts, don't I? As usual, it's because I've been incredibly un-lazy in other areas of my life over the past week. And now, here I am, finally posting again, and it's simply just to encourage you to check out another site. Pretty lame, huh? However, that's where other sites pick up the slack a bit.

Two Way Monologues is an excellent local indie music site that is definitely for those who are looking for the greatest undiscovered bands in town. You know when I review an artist that is really below the radar? Like, sometimes they don't have anything more than a demo mp3 floating around on their myspace page? Well, that's what the dudes and dudettes at TWM specialize in. They review the bands that are truly indie, do-it-yourselfers who are just getting started in this crazy world of rock 'n roll. Oh sure, they also review the indie hipsters that the music snob army are all familiar with, but for those itching to find something new and local to check out, TWM has a new review or recommendation just about every single day.

Which leads me to the main reason for this post. The folks of that site have recently started putting on a regular monthly indie music showcase at Rancho Relaxo on 300 College Street and this month's deal features Entire Cities, Fox Jaws and Numbers and Figures. All of these bands (Fox Jaws in particular) are bands that I've been curious to see for a little while and if you have any interest in quality music, then you should really check them out too. Three bands and, get this, only $5 to get in. The event is happening this Friday, September 14th. Doors at 9, first band comes on at 10. Be there! (If you're reading this post out loud, those last two words sound best when said in a really deep monster truck announcer sort of way. I've got to get some sleep.)

Downloads:
Entire Cities:

Dancing With My Brother mp3 / Coffee mp3
Fox Jaws:
Karmonica mp3 / Quarantine Girl mp3

Myspace:
Entire Cities
Fox Jaws
Numbers And Figures
Two Way Monologues

Videos:
Fox Jaws:

Warm Winter Coats (live at The Mod Club) youtube
Numbers And Figures:
I Am Not Afraid Of The Monsters Living Under My Bed (live at Lions Hall) youtube

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home