And Scarlett Leonine
Every once in a while, I'll stumble across an artist that is mesmerizingly good, but due to the fact that I can't find very much information about him/her/them/it, I just don't bother posting about them here. But And Scarlett Leonine is too good to not give some sort of mention to. As far as I can tell, the "band" consists of a guy named Dan, and he's from Canada, and he digs stuff like Joy Division, The Smiths and Elliott Smith. He's somehow affiliated with a label called Capohedz, and it looks like they have some other cool artists on their roster. And that's about it. Most importantly though, it's the music that does the talking. It's melancholy in places but with a driving beat that is pure infectiousness. The song "The Midnight" is so captivating that it will make you have to listen to it again. And "The Sair" is really cool in the way that his hushed whisper will almost have you straining your ears to hear him properly, before scaring the junk out of you when that rapid-fire guitar jangle kicks in. The first release "The Path" is now available on itunes so make sure you pick it up.
Downloads: The Midnight mp3 / The Sair mp3
The And Scarlett Leonine myspace page.
Purchase "The Path" here.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home