Monday, September 04, 2006

Justin Jones & the Driving Rain

Contrary to popular belief, I love country music. Now before you click the little 'x' in the top right corner of the screen, let me explain that my definition of "country music" seems to be different than most people's definition these days. You're likely are a fan of country music too, you just don't think you are. My friend Kyle David Paul expressed views very similar to mine in an article entitled Twang Love. He expresses himself in a much more articulate way than I ever could so I highly encourage you to check it out.

Once you've done so, and you've come to the realization that you actually love country music, I would like to introduce you to Justin Jones and the Driving Rain. The new CD "Love Verses Heroin" will break your heart, give you hope, and break it all over again. The melodies are simple, but exceptionally strong. For this style of bluegrass meets alt-country meets folk and rock, the sale is only successful if you can sense that the artist has lived it. And like his counterparts Bob Dylan, Steve Earle and Blue Rodeo, there's no doubt in my mind that Justin has. The song "Dying With You" is sung with such an emotional intensity, that I found myself simply repeating the song over and over again. "Honey I Need You" and "Need You Around" are equally as powerful. In the liner notes, Justin says that this record is the story of the last three years of his life. While it sounds like it's been an emotional rollercoaster ride of a year, it makes for one great sounding record.

Downloads:
Long Time mp3

Listen to songs from the new CD on the myspace page.
Purchase "Love Verses Heroin" here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home