Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Paul Michel - The Quiet State Of Panic


Washington DC's Paul Michel has been recording music for a few years now both as a solo artist and with his previous bands The Out Circuit and The Hard Tomorrows. After hearing his soon-to-be-released CD entitled "The Quiet State Of Panic", I'm a little upset that I've only heard of him now. This CD is brilliant. The singer/songwriter thing has been done to death but that doesn't stop Mr. Michel from sounding totally fresh and original and his music is like a breath of fresh air in the often stagnant world of the former-band-member-turned-solo-artist genre.

Musically, the songs have a very lush-sounding production, but without ever being over-produced. The sound is honest and sincere, which, if you've been reading my reviews so far, is always a big selling point for me. Furthermore, I love his voice. He sounds like nobody else out there. He's extremely easy to listen to, his voice echoing with a hesitant quiver that occasionally breaks into a unique sounding falsetto that once again sounds completely honest (in other words, he's not singing to show off...his vocals are a display of real emotions.)

Upon, hearing this CD, I immediately purchased the download of his previous full-length "These Are All Beautiful Things" and I'm still getting through it, but so far, it's another must-have. In a world chock full of really bad music, Paul Michel needs to be heard. Hopefully, the upcoming release of "The Quiet State Of Panic" will do just that.

Downloads:
Wait (Through Her Eyes) mp3
(This is a demo version of a song from the forthcoming CD that has all the makings of a massive hit single.)
The Fire Theft mp3 (Also from the forthcoming CD)
Always Right mp3 (From his previous CD, 'These Are All Beautiful Things")

Myspace page
Purchase his CD's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home