Baby Dayliner
Admittedly, at first listen, one may not know how to take the music of Baby Dayliner (aka Ethan Marunas). His smaltzy croon seems to be done with tongue planted firmly in cheek, however, one might worry that he's actually taking himself seriously. His music at times sounds like innovative new-sounding dance beats, and at other times like cheap karaoke music. And his lyrics and musical arrangements often sound like they're straight out of the Stock Aitken Waterman songbook. But at the end of the day, who cares. The sound is addictive and he has a great singing voice. That is what makes his new CD, "Critics Pass Away", a very satisfying lsten. While mainstream radio is being bombarded with some truly horrible modern day crooners (you know who I'm talking about...) his interpretation of the Sinatra-esque swagger is truly refreshing. And when he branches into the world of dance music, his unique approach is likely to draw just as many people to the dancefloor as any other bass-heavy modern R&B hit. Still, the best way to sell an individual to the sounds of Baby Dayliner is not through the written word, but through listening to his music. In reference to his own live show, even he admits, "If I heard some guy was doing a show like this, I wouldn't go either." Download the free track offered below and decide for yourself.
Baby Dayliner quote is taken from a review in Time Out, New York.
His myspace page can be found here. (where you can be entertained by some of the cheesiest videos I think I've ever seen)
Download: At Least mp3
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home