My ipod's sense of humor
Sometimes I think my ipod has a sick sense of humor. Time and time again you'll hear people write about how the music on your ipod can be the soundtrack to your day. I suppose that would be true, if I had the time each morning to perfectly plan out my day, knowing exactly where I will be and what I will be doing at any given moment. Also, I would need to have a Yoda-like control of the force in order to make sure that my surroundings are in direct sync to the music that happens to be playing in my ears. And, of course, who has that kind of time.
So, basically my ipod is generally on shuffle and whatever happens, happens. And this is where my ipod's sick sense of humor comes in. For example, while walking home from the gorcery store today, I got caught in a heavy downpour. Soaking wet, my hands full, the ipod decides "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles is truly what I need to be listening to at that particular moment. Also, my ipod was playing in the background while I was spouting off words of music snobbery to my co-worker, criticizing everyone and everything that doesn't share my clearly superior tastes in music, when suddenly, ipod decides that now would be a good time to throw a little Rick Springfield into the mix. There is no way to justify "Don't Talk To Strangers."
Yes, my ipod knows me well. It knows when I need a shot of humility. It knows when I need a reminder that I'm not the rock 'n roll elitist I sometimes claim to be. But having Morrissey sing "if a double-decker bus/ crashes into us..." while I'm jaywalking across the busy streets of Toronto, is not my idea of humorous.
Yoda pic provided by metrodad

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home