Friday, July 28, 2006

My Current Picks For 2006 (so far)

Well, I still have many, many CD's to get through before year-end, but so far, these are the ones that I think have a good shot at finishing the year in my top 20.
Destroyer's Rubies - Destroyer
At War With The Mystics - Flaming Lips
Fox Confessor Brings The Flood - Neko Case
Dead Heart Bloom - Dead Heart Bloom

Bang Bang Rock & Roll - Art Brut
Like A Metaphor - Rob Szabo
Fear Is On My Side - I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness
Outer Void Intrepid Sailor - The Universe

That's just a brief list of what I'm digging so far. There are, however, many releases that I've still got to get to. I've heard great things about the new TV On The Radio, and Danielson. The Arctic Monkeys and The Raconteurs I've sort of deliberately avoided until now, but apparently I should be giving them a chance. And I've already heard a CD that I like better than all the ones listed above, but since it isn't officially released until the end of August, I'll hold off on my review until then. Overall, it's been another great year for music...so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home