Friday, July 07, 2006

Eagle*Seagull

The debut album by Nebraska's Eagle*Seagull is an excellent art-pop collection, that is at times haunting, and at other times uplifting in its musical scope. The crispness of the vocals in lead off track 'Lock and Key' is sure to immediately seduce the listener into paying rapt attention to whatever follows. What is interesting is that this song is then followed by 'Photograph', a tune that would be labelled the perfect pop song if it wasn't nearly 6 minutes in length. The CD continues to be a study in the art of eclecticity, which suits me fine. Every article I've read has compared E*S to a Canadian 'it-band' that I simply refuse to mention here, for the basic reason that I don't feel that these guys sound anything like them. There may be a slight similarity in vocals, but again the similarity is slight. No, this is a band that has perhaps borrowed influences fron both the past and present, but has a sound that is completely their own.

Photograph mp3
Visit their myspace page here.
Purchase their self titled debut here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home