Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bradlee Z./ Skydaddy

Who is Bradlee Z? Don't know. Who is Skydaddy? Don't know. All I know is that I heard his brilliant songs on the IR:Florida podcast and thought that his music was catchy, witty and compelling all at the same time. Clearly, he's not interested in making himself known because I couldn't even find a picture of him to post here. But let the music speak for itself. His songs range from 16 seconds to 3 minutes or so in length; they're hillarious so they'll make you laugh but they also show a measure of depth that warrants repeat listens.

Here are a few for download, or better yet, go to the website and download all 60+ songs for free.

Hi Ho Stereo mp3
When I Turn Off The Living Room Lights mp3
Complicated Little Things mp3

The only other thing I could find about him is the transcript for this interview.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with ol' mr. Z for a few years now. There's more stuff than is listed on that site, and he does/used to run skydaddy.com ... he gave up that racket about a year ago now, but the site is still technically up. Well, a page anyway.

4:59 PM

 
Blogger Bobby B said...

Actually, Bradlee Z e-mailed me and told me that he plans on getting that skydaddy site back up and running one of these days soon. He also mentioned his other band Buttercow, and that they perform regularly too.

9:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Buttercow has yet to perform, but their first show will be on july 28th 2006, in Denver colorado. if you go to the old skydaddy website, you'll see the info.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home