Nathan Asher & The Infantry
I have to admit that I actually don't know much about Nathan Asher & The Infantry but when I heard the song "Turn Up The Faders" on the excellent Insomnia Radio podcast, I went scouring the internet for more information about these guys. Read their bio for yourself on their official website (wonderfully writen), but the Raleigh, NC seven-piece's first CD was released back in 2004 and that's where this brilliant song comes from. Right away you'll hear the Conor Oberst in his voice, but that doesn't stop it from being any less engaging. The song had already won first place in the 7th Annual Great American Song Contest, but even more impressive is that they also came in first in the very prestigious John Lennon Songwriting Contest (in the Electronic Category?!?!) The lyrics are deep and thought provoking and although the song is immediately likeable, it does warrant several listens to get the full import behind them. The other songs I've heard are also quite good, and each song gets a little less Bright Eyes-y as they go along, which shows that these guys are able to stand on their own as well.
Turn Up The Faders mp3
Purchase their CD's here.
My space site
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home