Broken Social Scene's Latest Member: Lisa Lobsinger
There seems to be mixed reviews about the latest member of my favorite live band on Earth, Broken Social Scene. With the ever increasing publicity of the other female cast of BSS, Lisa Lobsinger was recruited late last year to keep the female prescence alive during their live shows. Almost everybody has made positive comments about her appearance (and hairstyles!) but many feel that her somewhat stoic stage prescence and mild-mannered vocal range could use a little work. Now, when I saw the band earlier this year at the Kool Haus, I thought she did quite an admirable job for a newcomer. Now, granted, I didn't really see much (as is usually the case at Kool Haus) but from what I saw, I thought she fit in quite nicely. Also, when comparing her to the captivating and alluring Emily Haines, the wacky and eccentric Amy Millan and the...well...feisty Feist, one has to admit that she has some large shoes to fill. It will be interesting to see what she will be able to contribute as she grows into her comfort zone and, if her previous band, Reverie Sound Revue, is any indication, she is sure to be a welcome addition to the collective.
Reverie Sound Review mp3's:
Walking Around Waiting Downtown mp3
It's All The Same.mp3
Another great Broken Social Scene website
The Lisa Lobsinger pic appears courtesy of Wythine's BSS photos
28 more days till the great BSS Olympic Island Show!!! yahoo!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home