Monday, September 11, 2006

The Mission District @ The Legendary Horseshoe

If there has ever been an indie band that is poised and ready for success, it's Montreal's The Mission District. Their song, "All I Ever Wanted" has garnered much attention on blogs and podcasts around the world. And their performance last Tuesday night at the Horseshoe was filled with the pomp and confidence that a band with their abilities are more than justified in showing. Tambourine-wielding lead vocalist David Rancourt showed just the right amount of brooding Bono-esque swagger that, should the band ever hit the big time, the transition should be smoother than the Labatt's 50 that I somehow have to drink whenever I'm at that particular venue. Furthermore, the band is so tight that you're sure they've been doing this for years. Go see them now, before they're doing stadium shows that you can't afford.

Downloads:
All I Ever Wanted (Updated Version)
Answer To Me

Myspace page

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home