Tuesday, June 13, 2006

NXNE Day 4: Tilly And The Wall


Sunday night we successfully used our wristbands to get in to the Tilly and the Wall show. And what a show it was! The band has matured significantly since their first album "Wild Like Children" in that their newish approach is sure to detract from all those who slagged them off as some sort of novelty act. The opening act was David Dondero. His brand of acoustic rock reminded me a little bit of a countrified Paul Westerberg. Very solid set. But Tilly and the Wall came on like an eruption. Their newer, more developed sound fit in very nicely with the classics, showing us that maturing does not equal having less fun. It was clear that these people all enjoy playing together. One of the highlights for me was their very enthusiastic performance of the song "Bad Reputation" which is actually not one of my favorite songs by them. But the energy was highly contagious. And the few ballads they did really showcased just how powerful vocalist Kiana Alarid's voice really is. Also, on a slightly unrelated note, I finally had my first celebrity sighting since moving into the T-Dot...Natalie Portman was at the show. I would have introduced myself and likely made a fool of myself if my ever cautious wife wasn't with me making sure that I don't. I'm very lucky to have her. Hehe.

Visit the Tilly and the Wall myspace page here.
Bad Reputation mp3.
Purchase their latest release "Bottom of Barrels" here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home